Water Heater Installation & Repair Service in Saratoga Springs, Ballston Lake, Greater Capital Region of NY
When water comes into your house, it is usually pretty cold, as it has been run underground. However, this means in order to get hot water for washing dishes, taking a shower or doing laundry, you need a water heater that is both efficient and effective, providing you with consistent performance.
Your water heater is most likely located in your basement, and it will look like a large metal cylinder that can hold anywhere from 40 to 60 gallons (variant based on the size of your home and home much hot water you may need at one time). Inside this tank is a variety of parts, valves and pipes which all work together in a system in order to heat your water to the right temperature and then distribute it to various areas of your home when needed.
Hot Water Tanks
Water heaters with tanks usually heat a certain amount of water and keep it hot until a faucet in your home needs it, at which point it sends out the heated water. However, there are tankless water heaters, that heat the water as needed, making the hot-water-response time much slower, but also meaning that you’ll never “run out” of hot water.
Contact us today to find out which type you have, which would be most efficient for your home, and for water heater repair, installation or update. With years of experience and a passion for what we do, we are always Saratoga Springs, Ballston Lake, and the Capitol Region’s favorite HVAC company.
We are happy to service and install A.O. Smith brand water heaters.
Hybrid Hot Water Heaters
Mitsubishi Electric Hot Water Heat Pumps are one of the most efficient ways to heat hot water all year round. A highly efficient inverter system utilising an environmentally friendly refrigerant allows the system to continue providing heat even with outdoor temperatures as low as -25°C.
According to EECA, hot water usage accounts for up to 30% of a home’s annual power bill. Hot Water Heat Pumps can provide energy efficient solutions for all applications where water is required to be heated or cooled.
How efficient is a Hot Water Heat Pump?
Co-Efficient of Performance
Mitsubishi Electric Hot Water Heat Pumps are extremely energy efficient and can achieve COP’s between 3-4, meaning they can produce between 3-4kW of heat for every 1kW consumed. As no fossil fuels are burnt directly in the operation of a heat pump, CO2 emissions are also greatly reduced when compared to gas or oil-fired boilers.
Hot water heat pumps can be installed for a range of applications from swimming and spa pool heating, to sanitary hot water, under floor heating and fan coil cooling.
Hot water heat pumps are the perfect option when you have children and pets, as there are no hot surfaces they are a safe heating option.
Hybrid Hot Water Heater Features
Professional Ultra® Hybrid Electric is the most efficient water heater available – with up to $5,000 in lifetime savings and less than 2 year payback*
- High 3.55 – 3.70 UEF – US
- ENERGY STAR® rated
- Delivers hot water faster than most standard electric water heaters – 67 gallons first-hour delivery for 50-gallon model, 75 gallons FHD for 65-gallon model and 89 gallons FHD for 80-gallon model
- Ambient operating range: 37-145° F is widest in class, offering more days of HP operation annually; designed to meet Northern Climate Spec (Tier 3)
- Easy access side connections
- Quick access to electrical junction box
- Easily replaces a standard electric water heater
- LCD Screen with built-in water sensor alert with audible alarm
- EcoNet ® WiFi-connected technology and free mobile app gives users control over water systems, allowing for customizable temperature, vacation settings, energy savings and system monitoring at home or away. Visit Rheem.com/EcoNetConnect
- Water sensor detects water outside of the unit and sends an alert via the free Rheem EcoNet® mobile app to the homeowner
- Energy Saver
- Heat Pump
- High Demand
- Vacation: 2-28 days (or placed on hold indefinitely)
- Premium grade anode rod with resistor extends the life of the tank
- 3/4″ NPT water inlet and outlet; 3/4″ condensate drain connections
- Incoloy stainless steel resistor elements
- Dry-fire protection
- Easy access, top mounted washable air filter
- 2″ Non-CFC foam insulation
- Enhanced flow brass drain valve
- Temperature and pressure relief valve installed
- Low lead compliant
- Earthquake Kit part number SP20882, sold separately
- Vibration Isolation Kit part number SP20883, sold separately
- EcoNet® WiFi Kit part number EEWRA631EWH sold separately
The next-generation Ruud® Ultra™ Hybrid Electric Water Heater delivers savings when you buy—in the form of a $300 federal tax credit and nationwide utility rebates up to $1,0001—and up to $480 per year in energy cost savings2.
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h2″ question-0=”What are the signs of a hot water heater going bad?” answer-0=”7 Tell-tale signs of a Water Heater not working You don’t have enough hot water. You have varying water temperature issues. You have a leaking water heater. You notice reduced water flow. You’re hearing some concerning sounds. You have smelly or discolored water. Your water heater is on the older end of the spectrum.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h2″ question-1=”How long do hot water heaters usually last?” answer-1=”Between 6 and 13 years It would be nice to know when the time is right to replace your water before it springs a leak and causes an inconvenience or worse yet, damage to your home. Typically a residential hot water heater lasts between 6 and 13 years. Beyond 12 years, you are on borrowed time!” image-1=”” headline-2=”h2″ question-2=”Can my hot water heater explode?” answer-2=”When the water heater’s temperature is set too high, thermal expansion of water increases pressure inside the tank to extreme levels. Gas leaks also create the potential for a hot water heater explosion and the risk of a fire.” image-2=”” count=”3″ html=”true” css_class=””]