Gas Furnace Maintenance $149.00
- Inspect, clean and service natural gas/propane furnace, furnace blower assembly, squirrel fan, fan motor, capacitor
- Check and adjust the tension on the belt
- Lube motor
- All high and low voltage wiring
- Inspect contact, burner relay, vent pipe, supply and return plenums.
- Brush and clean furnace flue and vent pipe to chimney.
- Replace furnace filter (customer to provide or replacement is extra).
- Inspect thermostat (battery replacement is extra) and combustion test.
Furnace maintenance is a preventive heating service that involves a thorough inspection and tune-up of your system. Given that most people only call for HVAC service when something goes wrong, you may be wondering, “Do I really need furnace maintenance service?”
Yes—you really do need furnace maintenance if you want to save money, stay comfortable, and enjoy some other benefits. To explain why this is the case, here are some helpful answers to common questions about furnace maintenance service.
WHAT DOES FURNACE MAINTENANCE INCLUDE?
Furnace tune-ups involving checking all of the system’s essential components and adjusting, cleaning, testing, and/or lubricating them, as needed. Some of the specific tasks involved in our furnace maintenance checklist include:
- Inspecting the vent system and air intake grilles, removing any blockages
- Checking the heat exchanger for signs of damage or corrosion
- Examining and cleaning the blower, removing any debris
- Checking the blower motor and testing its amp draw
- Inspecting the electrical connections, tightening them and/or replacing damaged wiring as needed
- Checking the burner and flame sensor
- Examining the belts for any signs of damage or cracks
- Inspecting the thermostat and calibrating it as needed
- Lubricating all moving parts in the heating system
- Checking the air filter, cleaning it, and replacing it as needed
- Checking and testing the system’s safety controls and startup cycle