Mitsubishi Hyper Heating & Cooling
Proud Mitsubishi Diamond Preferred Dealer
Are you in need of heat pump repair or installation in your home or place of business?
We are Superior Co-Op HVAC and we would love to be your go-to HVAC technicians in the Albany, Troy, Clifton Park and Sartaoga Springs, NY area. With Superior Co-Op HVAC on the job, you can rest assured that your heat pump service, repair or installation technician will be highly trained, prompt and friendly every step of the way. Our number one goal is to make sure that we can walk you through the entire process from our initial analysis to pricing to our installation or repair of your heat pump. With our winning combination for experience and education, you will always get the most knowledgeable technicians in the industry.
What are the benefits of a heat pump?
You will be surprised by the efficiency of a heat pump in your home! Superior Co-Op HVAC is pleased to be able to assure you that we can provide a solution for year-round climate control. A heat pump will pull warm air out of your home in the summer to keep you cool. Reversely, in the winter months, our heat pumps pull existing warmth from the outside air and send it into your home - a process that is efficient down to temperatures as cold as -15 degrees Fahrenheit. In winter a heat pump works like an air conditioner in reverse, warming your home by drawing the cold air in and passing it over specialized heating coils, then sending it through your home to provide you with heat. The very best part of a Superior Co-Op HVAC heat pump is the savings in energy cost!
Our team of expert technicians can help you determine your needs and which heat pump will work best to fit those needs. Our team of technicians are committed to being the best in the area when it comes to service, installation and total customer satisfaction. You can count on us to be as dependable as the products we install.
Every Superior Co-Op HVAC service, repair and installation starts with our energy analysis
With every heat pump, service, repair and new installation, Superior Co-Op HVAC will do a full energy analysis. We want to provide you with the best most efficient heating and cooling that suits your needs and budget. We use our extensive knowledge and a variety of highly specialized tools to conduct this energy analysis for you. We want to make sure that you are receiving the best prices from our parts, service and products but also keep the long term in energy cost in mind as well. We will always work with your budget and never attempt work without your approval. We are your hometown go-to heroes in the heating and cooling industry!
The Superior Co-Op HVAC is a licensed heat pump contractor
With technology that is ever evolving, our technicians are always receiving training upgrades to keep their expertise as number one in the industry. We are fully licensed and certified with all of the HVAC systems including heat pumps, that we repair and install ensuring you the very best in service no matter what the problem you may be experiencing. We pride ourselves in our extensive training and knowledge in the field of HVAC system repairs, and we have worked to build relationships with select HVAC manufacturers so that we can always bring you the best in repairs and maintenance services on a wide variety of brands. We are committed to making sure that your system is always running as smoothly as it was when it was first installed! Heat pumps will save you a ton of money and there are rebates and financing available.
You can rest assured that with Superior Co-Op HVAC you will always get:
- In-home consultation
- Up front pricing
- Customized system installation and sizing according to your needs
- Energy efficiency assessments
- Finance options
- Factory warranties and extended labor warranties
- Affordable maintenance plans
Experience the Superior Co-Op HVAC difference
Want more information on heat pumps? get in touch with us!
With years of experience and many satisfied customers, Superior Co-Op HVAC is confident that we can meet your needs. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment for service, repair or installation please call (518) 719-5614 or simply fill out the form below!
Phone Number Format: 5556667777
We are very happy with the heat pump and cassettes; they look great and feel even better. It was a pleasure working with Josh and Brett and they did a meticulous job of putting in cassettes, as I said, they look great!
From start to finish, from your initial visit, the online appt. and invoicing, and installation was a very positive experience. Also, just wanted to let you know I paid the balance of our bill this morning using my debit card.
Best wishes for continued success!
The Advantages of ENERGY STAR Certified Ductless Heat Pumps
Used for decades in Europe and Asia, “ductless” mini-split heat pumps differ from traditional home heating and cooling systems by:
- Providing both heating and cooling through a single device – a heat pump.1 Heat pumps have been used, mainly in Southern climates, for decades.
- Avoiding ductwork. Instead of difficult-to-install, leaky and bulky ductwork, ductless mini-split heat pumps use an indoor unit2 connected to an outdoor unit3 via refrigerant lines (which only need a three-inch hole in an outdoor wall for installation). Up to 8 indoor units can be attached to one outdoor unit.
- Allowing for Different Climates for Each Room. Each indoor unit can provide customized heating and cooling — adjustable through wall consoles, remote controls and smart phone apps — in each conditioned space.
- Cutting heating costs in half compared to conventional electric heating systems. Because they transfer instead of generate heat, ENERGY STAR certified ductless mini-split heat pumps use 60% less energy than standard home electric resistance-based heating systems.
- Cutting cooling costs by 30% compared to conventional room air conditioners. ENERGY STAR certified ductless min-split heat pumps use more sophisticated compressors and fans that can adjust speeds to save energy.
Ductless mini split heat pump models that have earned the ENERGY STAR are identified in the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) online database(link is external). (Check the “Yes” box in “Labeled ENERGY STAR” search criteria to see a list.)
Common Applications of Ductless Heat Pumps
Ductless mini split heat pumps are increasingly being used in these situations:
- Homes with costly electric heat (e.g., baseboard; furnace; wall heaters; electric radiant) that will also benefit from cooling.
- Older homes with no ductwork (e.g., radiators or baseboard heat) that never had central air conditioning before.
- Homes with expensive central heating systems due to high fuel costs or low system efficiency.
- Additions or outbuildings (e.g., shed, barn, garage) where extending ductwork or cooling/heating capacity is not feasible.
- Rooms that are not regularly occupied (indoor unit can be turned off to save money).
- Spaces adjacent to unconditioned spaces where ductwork would be exposed to harsher temperatures (e.g., a guest room above a garage).
- New construction of homes in areas with high fuel costs.
- Older commercial buildings with no existing ductwork for air conditioning or expansions.
Further Developments – Cold Climate Heating, Alternative Indoor Units
In the past, people worried whether heat pumps were good at providing heat in cold climates. As temperatures drop, the heat pump must work harder and harder to extract heat from the outdoor air. Some heat pumps now utilize advanced compressors and refrigerants that allow for improved low temperature performance. If this is a concern, look for ENERGY STAR models with a Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of over 12.0 BTU/Wh4 or examine a list of ductless mini-split heat pumps(link is external) designed to work in colder climates developed by the Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnership (NEEP).
Another concern may be the aesthetics of the relatively large indoor floor or wall mounted units. U.S. consumers, accustomed to having heating and cooling delivered from barely noticeable vents in walls and ceilings, can sometimes find the look of the indoor wall or floor mounted units unappealing. Ductless system manufacturers offer ceiling-recessed and short-run horizontal, duct-based air handlers, to provide a look some U.S. homeowner are more comfortable with.
Utility Incentives Available
ENERGY STAR certified ductless heating and cooling systems are eligible for rebates from some local utilities — up to $1,000 per unit depending on what system is being replaced. A list of available rebates can be found here.
1In the summer, a heat pump uses a refrigeration cycle to move heat from your home to the outside just like an air conditioner. In the winter, with the refrigeration cycle run in reverse, a heat pump moves heat from the outside into your home.
2 Indoor unit is an air handler circulating room air across refrigerant coils.
3 Outdoor unit is a compressor responsible for keeping coils hot or cold.
4 Efficiency Maine, having installed over 10,000 ductless mini-split heat pumps to provide heat during harsh winters, requires single head units with a Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of over 12.0 BTU/Wh and found them to work extremely well!